Los Angeles Dodgers at Cincinnati Reds 6/8/23 MLB Preview




As an affiliate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.

The Los Angeles Dodgers will be traveling to the Great American Ball Park to face off against the Cincinnati Reds on June 8th, 2023, with the first pitch scheduled for 12:35 PM. The Dodgers enter this game with a season record of 35-26, while the Reds are at 28-33.

According to ESPN’s Matchup Predictor, the Dodgers hold a significant advantage with a 68.9% chance of winning, while the Reds are given a 31.1% chance. This is likely due to the Dodgers’ superior win-loss record and their strong roster of players.

The starting pitcher for the Dodgers is slated to be the left-handed veteran Clayton Kershaw (#22), who has had a solid season with a 7-4 win-loss record, an ERA of 3.25, and a WHIP of 1.10. Over his 69.1 innings pitched, Kershaw has accumulated 84 strikeouts while allowing 59 hits, 17 walks, and 10 home runs.

On the other side, the Reds will have Graham Ashcraft (#51) as their starting pitcher. The right-handed Ashcraft has a 3-4 win-loss record, with an ERA of 6.64 and a WHIP of 1.60. Over 62.1 innings pitched, Ashcraft has allowed 72 hits, given 28 walks, and struck out 49 batters.

When it comes to hitting, the Dodgers’ power hitter is Max Muncy with 18 home runs and an average of .204, while Freddie Freeman leads the team with a .329 batting average. For the Reds, Spencer Steer has hit 8 home runs with a .290 average.

Looking at team stats, the Dodgers have an overall batting average of .242, with 339 runs, 495 hits, and 103 home runs. Their pitching staff has an ERA of 4.52. The Reds, meanwhile, have a batting average of .254, with 282 runs, 524 hits, and 48 home runs. Their pitchers have an ERA of 5.01.

Both teams have players on the injury list, with the Dodgers’ Phil Bickford (RP), Trayce Thompson (CF), and Julio Urias (SP) on the 15-Day IL, and the Reds’ Hunter Greene (SP) listed as day-to-day, while TJ Friedl (CF), Casey Legumina (RP), Nick Senzel (3B), and Henry Ramos (RF) are on the 10-Day IL.

Given the stats and the current form of both teams, this game could be a challenging one for the Reds, who will need to step up their game to outmatch the favored Dodgers. However, in the unpredictable world of baseball, anything can happen. In a surprising turn of events, the Cincinnati Reds manage to pull off a victory, winning the game with a score of 4-3.

About the author

Latest Posts