Detroit Tigers at Philadelphia Phillies – June 5, 2023 Game Preview




As an affiliate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.

The Detroit Tigers will face off against the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Park on June 5, 2023, at 6:40 PM. The Tigers are entering the game with a 26-31 record, having lost three of their last five games. On the other hand, the Phillies have a record of 27-32 and have won two of their last five games.

According to ESPN’s matchup predictor, the Phillies have a 68.9% chance of winning, while the Tigers have a 31.1% chance. The money line consensus pick is -225 for the Phillies and +185 for the Tigers. The over/under for the game is set at 9 runs.

The probable starting pitchers for this game are Joey Wentz for the Tigers, who has a 1-5 record with a 7.28 ERA, and Aaron Nola for the Phillies, who has a 4-4 record with a 4.70 ERA.

Key players to watch in this game include:

  • For the Tigers, center fielder Riley Greene leads in batting average with .296. Shortstop Javier Baez has driven in the most runs for the Tigers with 27 RBI.
  • For the Phillies, right fielder Nick Castellanos is leading in batting average with .316. First baseman Alec Bohm leads in RBIs with 37.

In terms of injuries, the Tigers have several key players on the injured list, including pitchers Trey Wingenter, Tarik Skubal, Matt Manning, Eduardo Rodriguez, and Alex Faedo. For the Phillies, key injuries include first baseman Alec Bohm and relief pitcher Jose Alvarado.

Team stats leading into this game show the Tigers with a batting average of .227, 205 runs, 432 hits, and 46 home runs. Their pitching staff has an ERA of 4.37, with 445 strikeouts and 154 walks. The Phillies have a batting average of .255, with 241 runs, 504 hits, and 59 home runs. Their pitching staff has an ERA of 4.61, with 508 strikeouts and 181 walks.

The Tigers are currently 3rd in the American League Central, 3.5 games behind the leaders, while the Phillies are 4th in the National League East, 8 games behind the leaders. This game marks the start of their regular-season series.

It’s shaping up to be a thrilling contest between these two teams. Enjoy the game!

About the author

Latest Posts